Finlayson Media Communications Ltd Standard Terms and Conditions of Acceptance of Advertisements/Exhibitions
1. These conditions shall apply to all advertisements, insets, inserts, sponsored articles or features (herewith referred to as advertisements) accepted for inclusion in hard copy editions of publications or digital websites published by Finlayson Media Communications Limited (“FMC”). 2. All advertisements are accepted subject to FMC’s approval of the copy and to the space being available.
3. If it is intended to include in an advertisement a competition or a special of merchandise, other than that normally associated with the advertised
product, full details must be submitted at the time of booking.
4. FMC reserves the right to omit or suspend an advertisement at any time for good reason, in which case no claim on the part of any Advertiser for
damage or breach of contract shall arise. Should such omission or suspension be due to the act or default of the Advertiser or his servants or agents then
the space reserved for the advertisement shall be paid in full notwithstanding that the advertisement has not appeared. Such omission or suspension shall
be notified to the Advertiser as soon as possible.
5. If FMC considers it necessary to modify the space or alter the date of position of insertion or make any other alteration to the publication or event, the Advertiser/exhibitor will have the right
to cancel if the alterations requested are unacceptable, unless such changes are due to an emergency or circumstances beyond FMC’s control. Every care is taken
to avoid mistakes but FMC cannot accept liability from any loss arising from the late appearance or non publication of any advertisement.
6. The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement is not illegal, defamatory, an infringement of any other party’s rights or an infringement of the British
Code of Advertising Practice. Country of origin (other than the United Kingdom) of goods advertised must be shown in advertisements to the extent
necessary to comply with applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements.
7. The Advertiser will indemnify FMC fully in respect of any claim made against FMC arising from the advertisement. FMC will consult the Advertiser as to
the way in which such claims are to be handled.
8. Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time and orders are accepted on condition that the price binds FMC only in respect of the next issue to
go to press. In the event of a rate increase, the Advertiser will have the option to cancel the order without surcharge or continue the order at the revised
9. If the Advertiser cancels the balance of an agreed programme of advertisements, except in the circumstances set out in clauses 5 or 8 above, it
relinquishes any right to a pre-agreed series discount to which it was previously entitled and advertisements forming part of such programme (both those
published and those not yet published) will be paid for at the appropriate rate set out in the rate card from time to time.
10. Discounted rates negotiated in respect of a series of advertisements apply only if the order is completed within 12 months of the date of the first
insertion. Failure to comply will require all advertisements forming part of the series to be charged at the appropriate rates set out in the rate card from
time to time.
11. Accounts are due for settlement within 30 days of the due date of invoice. In the event of any account becoming overdue, FMC reserves the right both
to suspend insertions due under order or until such time as the sum owing is paid and to reduce any commission otherwise allowed to advertising
agencies. Interest is chargeable on overdue accounts at the maximum rate permitted by applicable law. All gross display advertising rates are subject to the
current Advertising Standards Board of Finance surcharge payable by the Advertisers. Where orders are placed by Advertising Agents the Agency will be
responsible for collecting this surcharge and paying to the Advertising Standards Board of Finance (“the Board”). Where the Advertiser places advertising
directly, FMC will invoice the relevant surcharge and distribute this to the Board without deduction.
12. Where a schedule or series of two or more advertisements are booked across a number of issues and/or journals then each invoice shall be divisible
under the scheduled order.
13. FMC reserves the right to recover all additional costs incurred that arise as a result of the acts or defaults of the Advertiser or its Agent. Complaints
regarding publication of advertisements must be received by FMC in writing within one calendar month of the cover date.
14. At least 6 weeks’ notice written prior to copy date is required to stop, cancel or suspend an insertion. After this date the Advertiser will be liable to pay
the full rate for the insertion.
15. If copy instructions are not received by agreed copy date no guarantee can be given that proofs will be supplied nor corrections made and FMC
reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate copy.
16. Advertiser’s property, artwork, etc are held at the Advertiser’s risk. Advertiser’s artwork, film positives and/or negatives, photographs and
transparencies will be returned on request by FMC via Royal Mail post and at the risk of the relevant owner and should be insured against loss or damage
from whatever cause. FMC reserves the right to destroy all artwork which has been in his custody for twelve months from the date of its last appearance.
17. For the purpose of these conditions, Advertiser shall refer to the Advertiser or its Agent whichever is the principal. ‘Advertisement’ includes loose or
other inset where appropriate.
18. These Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute concerning these Conditions
(including non-contractual disputes) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.